All investigators are invited to submit abstracts of original research and clinical cases to be considered for presentation at ASE 2018.
Now accepting submissions! Enter the Submission Portal here.
|October 11, 2017||Abstract submission opens.|
|February 7, 2018||Deadline for abstract submission and editing – 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).|
|March 16, 2018||Notification to Presenting Authors of acceptance status. Abstract Presenter registration opens.|
|Why Submit Your Work to ASE 2018?|
“I am immensely thankful for the opportunity I was given to present my research alongside so many inspiring and cutting-edge researchers. The conference gave me much to look forward to in terms of future research, further development of relationships within the echocardiography community, and eager expectation that our work within the field is translating into better care for our patients.” ASE 2017 Abstract Presenter
“The inspiring discussions I was fortunate to have with top cardiologists from all around the world opened my mind to new horizons of the potentials of research in the field of echocardiography.” ASE 2017 Abstract Presenter
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration in the following categories:
- Adult Patient Cases
- Pediatric Patient Cases
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – DISEASE/PATHOLOGY-BASED
- Diseases of the Aorta / Vascular Diseases
- Echocardiography in SOE / Arrhythmias / Atrial Function
- Echocardiography in Systemic Disease (DM, HTN, Obesity) / Pericardial Disease / Primary Myocardial Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Pediatric Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – TECHNIQUE/PROCEDURE-BASED
- 3D Echocardiography
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Critical Care Ultrasound / Point of Care Ultrasound
- Doppler / Hemodynamics
- Intraprocedural Echocardiography (Operating Room and Interventional Lab) / TEE
- New Technology
- Ventricular Function / Myocardial Mechanics
- Value of Echocardiography (Quality and Cost) / Comparative Effectiveness
Benefits of Abstract Acceptance
The annual showcase of investigators from around the world presenting cutting-edge research on the latest advances in cardiovascular ultrasound and cases illustrating evolutions in patient care is a highlight of ASE’s Annual Scientific Sessions.
ASE 2018 offers opportunities for investigators to share important findings with colleagues and interact with global leaders in the field. Benefits of abstract acceptance include:
- Publication – Accepted abstracts of original science are published in a top-ranked cardiovascular journal, the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE) – considered a “Top Ten Essential Journal” for cardiologists.
- Awareness – Selected abstracts are promoted to the health and science media in the top 50 markets. Past coverage has included CBS News, the Washington Post, and cardiovascular trade press hitting 3.5 million readers.
- Visibility – Global experts in cardiovascular research and clinical care will see your work and dedicated viewing times create opportunities for discussion with faculty and attendees. Presenters benefit from this interaction by gaining feedback on current and future projects, while also discovering the latest research results and advances in cardiovascular health.
- Acknowledgement of Exceptional Research – Investigators meeting certain criteria are eligible to participate in competitions to highlight exceptional projects, including the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition for young investigators under the age of 40, and the Sonographer Investigator’s Award Competition for sonographer investigators who served as the primary investigator on their project. Finalists in both competitions receive support to attend the conference and are eligible for monetary prizes. ASE 2018 will also continue the Top 25 recognition for a special group of highly graded studies, which includes travel support for their lead investigators.
- International Recognition – The winner of the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition will be invited to present his/her research at the 2018 European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and 2019 Japanese Society of Echocardiography annual meetings.
View our Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission and Frequently Asked Questions, or contact Andrea Van Hoever at ASE Headquarters.